While having fun with sidewalk chalk yesterday, Emma Jane wrote her very first word! She suddenly shouted, "I drew a P! I drew a P!" Sure enough, she had drawn a surprisingly legible letter P, and then she quickly drew several more. She had drawn two P's right next to each other and I told her that if she drew an O in the middle it would spell POP! She happily drew the O in between the P's and successfully wrote her first word. So, no, she didn't spell the word on her own, but I am thrilled to see her taking an interest in writing. I'm pretty sure that this particular interest in the letter P came from last week's Pink Day (my last blog post) and I am so excited to see that she is already learning so much in her 3K preschool class. Thank goodness for good teachers! Although I spent 13 years of my life teaching, my darling 3-year-old has NO interest in learning anything from her mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment