We had more snow this week...between 4 and 5 inches! Unfortunately, Paul had to go to work so taking Emma Jane out in it was a little tricky. I had to wait until Vivi was happily asleep since she is too little to be taken out in the below freezing temperatures. After spending at least 10 minutes getting Emma Jane dressed in a turtle neck, sweatshirt, tights, pants, thick socks, boots, overcoat, hat, and mittens, we only spent a grand total of 15 minutes outside! Our neighbors had attached an inflatable raft to a rope and wanted to pull Emma Jane on it around the cul-de-sac. I thought she'd be all for it, but she chickened out and politely said, "No thank you!" while running in the other direction. I was secretly relieved since getting her to the emergency room would have been a nightmare if there had been an accident. Yes, I'm a little overprotective, but with a daredevil like Emma Jane, you always have to prepare for a possible mishap.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
let it snow...again!
We had more snow this week...between 4 and 5 inches! Unfortunately, Paul had to go to work so taking Emma Jane out in it was a little tricky. I had to wait until Vivi was happily asleep since she is too little to be taken out in the below freezing temperatures. After spending at least 10 minutes getting Emma Jane dressed in a turtle neck, sweatshirt, tights, pants, thick socks, boots, overcoat, hat, and mittens, we only spent a grand total of 15 minutes outside! Our neighbors had attached an inflatable raft to a rope and wanted to pull Emma Jane on it around the cul-de-sac. I thought she'd be all for it, but she chickened out and politely said, "No thank you!" while running in the other direction. I was secretly relieved since getting her to the emergency room would have been a nightmare if there had been an accident. Yes, I'm a little overprotective, but with a daredevil like Emma Jane, you always have to prepare for a possible mishap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment